Wednesday 27 March 2013

Last night's #MCRFW Blogger Meet and Event Line Up!

So, last night was my first ever official blogger event!

Still being fairly new on the blogging scene this was a fantastic opportunity for me to meet fellow bloggers in the North West, and of course find out some fab new blogs to read!! 

The event was hosted by Manchester Fashion Week to give all the official MCRFW bloggers a chance to meet before the event itself (only 26 days away!). We sipped champers and enjoyed some scrummy MCRFW cupcakes surrounded by fabulous artwork in the beautiful Castle Gate Galleries in Manchester's Deansgate. Head of Fashion for Manchester Fashion Week, Kirsty Attwood attended and greeted us all, filling us in with details of the event and revealed some little teasers for what the future holds for Manchester Fashion Week, which I can tell you sounds really exciting! It is definitely one to watch (look out London...) 

Blogger Meet at Castle Galleries, 26/03/13


Fellow Bloggers: Irene of irenadworld.blogspot.co.uk : Martyna of elmartina.blogspot.co.uk : Alex of alexdphotography.co.uk 

 Me with lovely fellow bloggers Irene and Alex. I am wearing Monochrome dress from River Island, £28.00

At the event, we also received a fab goody box filled with fabulous treats!


The box contained the following:

1. A free facial and £10 off voucher for the Skin Health Spa in Manchester
2. Firefly, Natural Drinks in Orange and Passion Fruit Flavour, 500ml (Yum!)
3. Seascape, Island Apothecary Refresh Hand Lotion 300ml
4. Anatomicals: Tanatomicals, the Holy Grail for the deathly pale instant +self tan mousse, 150ml 
5. Jelly Belly, jellybeans 3x 10g bags

Lucky me! I am loving this months selection of goodies and really looking forward to giving them a proper try out! (The Jelly Belly jellybeans did not last long! I hadn't eaten jellybeans for years and they brought me straight back to my childhood, yummy!) 

I am particularly pleased to have received the Seascape hand lotion as I have recently been doing lots of shifts in work on my Jon Richard concession counter in Debenhams and the pesky air conditioning is really drying out my skin! I have particularly noticed me hands have been getting much drier so this is the perfect product for me to try out right now! I have never used a Seascape product before, either, so really interested to see how they work!

Of course I am also over the moon to have received a Tanitomicals fake tan, being from Liverpool, we are known for our love of this particular product so this did put a smile on my face! I am heading out to a fancy dress party this Sat so may try it out prior to this event! 

I am also loving the Firefly's 'simple' philosophy of just wanting to quench my thirst! I love the Ornage and Passion fruit flavour and this is definitely a drink I will be purchasing next time I am a little bit parched! 

Finally a big Thankyou to the Manchester Fashion Week team for putting together such a great event! I am EVEN MORE excited for fashion week than I was before... if that was even possible!! It is shaping up to be a fantastic event!! 

The line up for the first four days of the event was released this week on the MCRFW website, mcrfashionweek.com,  and tickets are now available to buy online (Buy them here)

They are flying out fast and it is set to be a sold out event so snap your tickets up fast before they go!! This is definitely not one to be missed!! 






Screen shots from mcrfashionweek.com featuring the event lineup

So, which events are you most looking forward to?? Let me know, I'd love to know which events everyone is attending and look forward to seeing you there!! 

Much Love

Kate xxx



6 comments:

  1. Oooh how exciting, I have been invited by Boohoo to sit front row at their shows and attend the opening and closing parties - will you be going?

    Be great if you could check out my two latest sports luxe outfit posts. Which is your favourite? beauty post on BOY London | Sports Luxe Outfit 1 OR Celine Paris | Sports Luxe Outfit 2 ?

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlie!

      Yes I will definitely be attending! V. much looking forward to it and will be great to meet you :)

      I will check out your posts and let you know my fave!!

      Thanks for the comment

      Kate xxx

      Delete
  2. Was great to meet you (and everyone!) Look forward to seeing you at the shows :) Katie xxx

    www.thequickredfox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie

      It was great to meet you too!! Yes definitely, and looking forward to future blogger meet ups :) xxx

      Delete
  3. We managed to make London Fashion Week, it would have been great to get into one of the shows but just to be there and see all the clothes going ( and spot a few famous faces ) was enough!


    Follow my blog and I shall follow back! Can’t wait to see your next posts!
    Keep it up

    Caitlin xox coffeecatsandpointlesschats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin

      Sounds amazing!! I'd love to have been there too, never been able to make it down before!

      I'll definitely check out the blog and follow :)

      Thanks for reading!!

      Kate xxx

      Delete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fashion Fallows